Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default What do you call the liquid clear rubber bandage doctors sometimes use.

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 04 Dec 2020 18:03:26 -0500, micky
wrote:

What do you call the bandage-like stuff that they put on wounds in
places where band-aids don't fit. It's like translucent rubber, sticks
tightly to the skin and moreso to hair, and the doctor called it by name
twice but he talked too fast for me.

I was hoping to google and find advice for removing it, 'cause as much
as I pull, some places it won't free up.

Well, I got an email with the medical report, and it said what he used,
angioseal. When he talked to me beforehand, he'd used the word twice,
but I couldn't rememeber it.

https://www.terumois.com/products/cl...ngio-seal.html

This is definitely on topic for AHR, because if you follow the steps in
the url above, you can repair your arteries at home.

No more driving to the doctor, especially when you're not feeling well,
no more long waits in the waiting room, no more exposure to all those
corona-sick people, no more labor charges, only the cost of the VCD.
And no more return trips to the doctor, because Angio-seal dissolves
by itself.

One of the first things I read about it was "The device creates a
mechanical seal by sandwiching the arteriotomy between a bioabsorbable
anchor and collagen sponge, which DISSOLVE IN 60 to 90 DAYS." Huh, so
why did I have to work so hard to get it off?***

It took me 5 tries over 24 hours. And most of those hurt, not to
mention worrying about ripping my skin off. ***Because he was talking
about sealing the artery, not covering the wound.

If you're curious, watch ANGIO-SEAL VIP DEPLOYMENT ANIMATION, half-way
down. Very interesting, unexpected, all animated, but it's still a
little scary if you're at all squeamish. The last part explains why he
was pushing on me so hard at the end**, and the middle part explains why
they were wiping me off a lot, far from the "insertion point". His
report said I lost less than 30cc of blood. Just 2 tablespoons, not
much but enough to get all over the place.

**I like being awake for these things.