Posted to uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default Outdoor radiant (IR?) heaters - experiences?

On 04/12/2020 20:52, T i m wrote:

Basically Bills view on the world is that if you can afford it, and
presumably it's not actually illegal, he / anyone should be allowed to
do it, no matter how much it might impact anyone / thing else.

He is.

Except, things change and then he can't. In many cases a group of
people already know that the changes are afoot

Them with crystal balls, or is it just that they build up their own
fantasy then think they have to right to make everybody else comply with
it? They can bugger off.

and change before they
are forced to, simply because it's the *right thing* to do.

Forced to? Left wing fascists then.

I realise '*right thing* simply isn't on the radar of a selfish
minority

Sensible majority

and they will inevitably spoil it for the majority.

Minority of Marxist pseudo-environmentalists

Bill would be the one complaining that he had the money to keep slaves

We all keep slaves. Where do you buy your clothes and your electronic
toys? And in the UK there's plenty on or below the minimum wage, and
that's almost slavery.

or smoke over people in the pub because it was 'his right', without
considering his active inflicting smoke on non smokers was less 'fair'
than the non-smokers having the right to not have to suffer such.

That's illegal.

Just because something is legal or 'legitimate' now doesn't mean it's
will continue (to be legal) and therefore question it's legality or
morality ever.

No but when it's legal we are allowed to do it. That's democracy,
possibly an alien concept to a Marxist.

Bill