Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default Getting that memory curl out of Cat 5e

On Fri, 4 Dec 2020 06:18:22 -0800 (PST), TimR posted for all of us to digest...

I bought a roll of Cat 5e to extend my network.

Maybe I stretched it out wrong, but it's remembering those curls and is very hard to run straight anywhere.

Is there a trick to this?

I've run it from the router area (put a surface mount and a jack on it) down into the basement, but getting it neatly to where I want it is a challenge due to the curl.

Could be cheap cable.

Improperly unreeled. Did it actually come on a reel or in a box?

Since it is twisted cable you have to work with the twist to straighten it.

--
Tekkie