Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Water from my shower running down and around the fuse box leavinga big damp patch

On 04/12/2020 14:45, Carlos Peraza wrote:
On 12/4/2020 9:31 AM, Colette wrote:
I had New bathroom fittedÂ* few months back the shower is fitted above
the fuse box which is in the hall .I have noticed when I have a shower
there's a damp patch around the fuse box.I have had a plumber round
who has told me he would have to get to the back of the shower and
pull all my beautiful new tiles off .and maybe have to get under the
bath and pull tiles off the side panel.And a electrician who has sad
he will take my new shower off and put new one on and put a new fuse
board on that he has told me it's going to be compulsoryÂ* he may have
to take tiles of to see if it's leaking this is going to cost around
£1000 the plumber that did the bathroom said he is to busy to come
back and is now avoiding me .the house is 25 years old .I dont know
what yo do will it couse a fire .any idea would be helpfull.

Before those clowns rip your shower walls apart, do an inspection with a
snake cam to make sure the plumbing is actually leaking.

https://www.amazon.com/DEPSTECH-Wate.../dp/B01MYTHWK4

If the damp patch appears after every shower, I'd say it's pretty clear
that it's a leak from that plumbing work.