Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Combination microwave/oven repair

Well this thread has been going on for a year now and its not clear to me if
this post is anything at all to do with the original problem.

Many devices over the years have used crowbar protection ensuring the fuse
blows, but I've not come across one that turns fans on before!
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"FAQ" wrote in message
oupdirect.com...
I had the same 'thermal limiter' (Siemens part no. 00152792, Z430KK6E
E065FF1 UK T180). This fuse could very well been produced in or for The
Netherlands (I'm also Dutch), as in the metal part of it is puched "KEMA
KEUR" which is the Dutch authority on certificates for electrical safety.
Under normal operation it's open. When overheated, it's shorted and will
switch on the fans.
So it is indeed a "crow bar".
Never seen one like this before, I was always used to have continuity if
the fase is ok, but this one is the other way around apparently.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...r-1338119-.htm