Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Outdoor radiant (IR?) heaters - experiences?

On Thu, 3 Dec 2020 21:26:57 +0000, Andy Burns

Please consider wearing a hat and coat instead. We all waste far too
much energy without adding to the waste with more of these ridiculous
things.

Next doors had a gas patio heater, after several windy nights, the
climate got its revenge.

;-)

Still, save the planet by watching titchy pictures on your phone, not HD
on your t\v,

If I hold my phone out in front of me, even at arms length the picture
is bigger than our 'main' TV (and it's not a big lounge). ;-)

lets go back to 640x480

For a good few years the TV in the bedroom was a very small (like 9")
Panasonic mains / 12V CRT jobby and that had a lovely picture (as it
should with all 625 lines in such a small space). ;-)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55164410

It's funny, I can easier 'forget' I'm watching an old black and white
film on a good set than deal with some juddery panning or poor lip
sync on a HD blockbuster on a bad one.

Cheers, T i m