Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Outdoor radiant (IR?) heaters - experiences?

On Thu, 03 Dec 2020 16:57:10 +0000, Jethro_uk wrote:

On Thu, 03 Dec 2020 16:22:22 +0000, David wrote:

I am slightly bemused that these trendy modern IR heaters look
remarkably like the electric wall heaters that used to be found in
bathrooms, but I suspect that the same idea is in use - direct heat
onto the body instead of trying to warm the whole room. Just more
modern technology in the heat source.

I thought the idea was to heat using *radiation* as opposed to
convection and conduction. So you're not heating the air between the
heater and the person.

They're used a lot in outdoor workplaces like lorry yards and seemed to
work when I've been there.

I think that was what I said?

Heat the person not the room.

Cheers