Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another thing about electric cars

On 03/12/2020 16:34, Tim+ wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 03/12/2020 11:25, Tim+ wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:
On 02 Dec 2020 at 14:28:16 GMT, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

That shows to me that there is a fundamental theoretical limit being
approached here. The chemistry we are using can't do any better.

Are there any other chemistries that have potential? If not, we are ****ed.

Its not all about the chemistry, the designs are being improve to increase
energy density and reduce charging time.

Energy density is ABSOLUTELY a function of the chemistry.

Chemistry AND cell design.

Do you think the surface area of the electrodes is irrelevant to energy
density of a battery?

Tim

In the limit, yes.

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.