Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Allow wheels stuck on car.

In article ,
newshound wrote:
In article ,
Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:
Rust? So one wonders if the type of alloy has changed or maybe any plating
on the nuts has worn off.

Brian, the wheel is located by a collar on the hub. The studs or bolts
merely holding it on. It's between the hub and wheel where the corrosion
occurs, jamming it on.

But the OP said that when it comes off, it comes off suddenly. When a
wheel is stuck on the spigot by rust in the radial interface you have to
keep wiggling it to displace the rust as you move it a little distance
axially each time.

The collar is actually very narrow - or is on my cars. Once the corrosion
is broken, it come off quite easily. Not like sliding something along a
shaft.

Oh. Last one I had problems with (steel wheels) the spigot was two or
three times the thickness of the steel pressing so it took some wiggling.