Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Thats gonna take 3 years to dry

On Friday, November 27, 2020 at 1:22:59 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/27/2020 12:09 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:

Serious concrete pour. This is not how I would have done it, but maybe
that's why I'm not a pro.

https://imgur.com/gallery/vJB4Boh

Cannot imagine a pour like that. I'd think they would put some filler
in first and pout the last 8" or so.

I had to fill a pit like that when I worked in a cardboard box factory. The pit was excavated for a machine that was delayed and we needed to bring it back to grade for a few months for safety.

I had them fill with pea gravel and pour (place!) the top six inches with concrete, then when the machine was ready we broke the concrete and removed the pea gravel.

At work now we call a very wet low strength concrete "flowable fill." We use it for space filling like voids or an underground tank we can't get out. I would say that qualifies as pouring.