Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Bennet Andy Bennet is offline

Default Another thing about electric cars

On 01/12/2020 21:20, charles wrote:
In article , bert wrote:
In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice writes
On 29 Nov 2020 10:23:45 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

Last three cars have had heated seats. Don't like them, even the
current car with two heat seatings. The lowest still makes your
arse
and back hot and sweaty and don't do anything for feet, knees or
hands.
What do you have to do, wear long johns and gloves?

I love mine, simply because my back can be very stiff first thing in
the morning. The heated seat does wonders; I start off on the top
setting (3) and move down to 2, 1 and then off.

Fairly Nuff. No doubt with the cabin heater running as well. Try driving
for an hour when it's cold without the cabin heater. I actually quite
like to feel my feet and fingers.

Cabin heater - I'm sure many on here can remember when that was an
optional extra.

and so was a windscreen wiper on the passenger's side.

And so were screen washers. I remember buying a Paddy Hopkirk
screenwasher kit for my first mini which involved drilling holes in the
bonnet. Manually operated internally with a pushbutton operated pumper.