Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another thing about electric cars

On 02/12/2020 23:30, Max Demian wrote:
On 02/12/2020 12:44, bert wrote:
In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Â* NY wrote:
"alan_m" wrote in message

And a windscreen washer..

On my first car teh windscreen washer was operated by pressing, with
my foot, a rubber bulb situated next to the clutch pedal. I could
guarantee that on every winter's morning the water in the bulb would
be frozen solid.

I presume it didn't help that few people used any antifreeze/cleaning
additive in the windscreen washer water in the days of manual rubber
bulbs/pumps.

My first car had a vacuum screen washer. With a glass reservoir. That
did
not like cold weather. ;-)

Remember the Ford 100Es with vacuum operated wipers.

Infinitesimally adjustable speed, but they stopped when you put your
foot down when going up a hill.

or passing a lorry generating a ton of spray

--
€œBut what a weak barrier is truth when it stands in the way of an
hypothesis!€

Mary Wollstonecraft