Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Allow wheels stuck on car.

Rust? So one wonders if the type of alloy has changed or maybe any plating
on the nuts has worn off.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Michael Chare" wrote in message
I have put different wheels with winter tyres on my car for the last three
years. This year I found that all 4 of the allow wheels were stuck on and I
had to pull has hard as I could to get them off. The car was supported by
a trolley jack.

Looking at the wheels there are signs of iron rust on the allow wheels
where they are held to the wheels hubs by the bolts.

After using google it looks like I am not the only person to have had this
problem. Nearly all my previous vehicles had had steel wheels and I have
never know one to be stuck on.

Would smearing the hub or the wheel with copper or silicone grease stop
the wheels from being stuck on?

--
Michael Chare