Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Another thing about electric cars

In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , bert writes
In article , alan_m
writes

And a windscreen washer..

On my first car teh windscreen washer was operated by pressing, with
my foot, a rubber bulb situated next to the clutch pedal. I could
guarantee that on every winter's morning the water in the bulb would
be frozen solid.

That was the dip switch on one of my early cars Riley 1.5

And the Morgan series 2.

Reckon most UK cars had a floor dip switch at that time. They didn't have
stalks side of the wheel until much later.

On my father's 1939 Austin Cambridge the dip switch extinguished the
offside light and dipped the nearside with a solenoid moving the reflector.

--
Max Demian