Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default Another thing about electric cars

In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
All fast chargers shorten the life of batteries. The 1 hour fast
charger I had for AA camera batteries had a little fan in the base to
keep them cool while charging. EV car batteries are encased by the
vehicle and cannot easily dissipate the heat. Where does it go ?.

The cooling fan on my charger is for the charger electronics. It is not
vented to the batteries.

Out of the battery cooling system.

Do you really think that manufacturers haven‘t thought about this?

Quite. Many offer a decent warranty on the battery pack. They're hardly
going to do that if it is easily abused?

VW do eight years on capacity not dropping below 70%.

--
Frank