Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Polishing my headlights

rbowman wrote:
On 11/30/2020 02:35 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/30/2020 01:00 AM, Steve W. wrote:

Don't see that in the V&T laws for passenger vehicles. I know for
commercial vehicles that is the case though and many states have
pick-ups tagged as commercial vehicles so for a pickup truck it would
likely apply under the CMV laws.

In Kalifornia you don't have to register your pickup as a commercial
vehicle unless you plan to actually carry something in the bed. Really
cheesy. Just like our liability insurance -- which goes with the car
rather than the driver. If you have 3 cars you have to have 3 liability
policies although you can only drive one car at a time.

I've got a truck, a car, and three motorcycles. I'm trying for a fleet
discount. The truck and motorcycles don't cost much luckily.

Here I have the house, shop and the vehicles all under one policy. That
plus the other various discounts drops my total down about 45%.
The bikes though are under a "sunny day" policy, so unless it's a nice
warm day with no snow they stay tucked in the garage.

--
Steve W.