Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default new topic electric riding mowers

Clare Snyder writes:
On Tue, 01 Dec 2020 13:05:43 -0500, wrote:

My next door neighbor got a battery powered Ryobi riding mower earlier this
year. Like you say, it starts every time. She loves it. She used to mow
every 3-4 weeks, but since getting the electric model she was out there
every weekend. I offered to make a drink holder for it.

For years I've been wondering when a decent battery-powered
lawn tractor would be available ! It seems the _perfect_
application for the technology - put a solar charger on the shed
roof - it sits all week on charge - if it can last about 2 - 3
hours on a full charge most homeowners would be A-OK.
my half-acre is easily done in an hour

Battery life and replacement cost would be a big factor.

https://tinyurl.com/yxhjhowb

https://greenworkscommercial.com/rz4...ero-turn-mower

Greenworks also offers 52" & 60" decks - $ 15 grand price range.
John T.

You forget Newton Gingrich's "electric ox" from just down the road in
Baden a few decades back? Just checked - they are still in existance -
Electric Tractor Corporation. planning in bringing out the new Ox2

http://www.electrictractor.com/electric-tractor-video/

From 2017:

"Richard Zirger, Chair and CEO of Electric Tractor Inc. announced
today plans to speed up the completion of the Company's new generation
electric tractor. A multi-year effort to access equity financing from
the public marketplace in the U.S. has not materialized. Given the
current uncertain regulatory and public investment climate facing
clean tech/green tech start-ups in the U.S., all activities of Electric
Tractor Corp. (a registered Wyoming public corporation that is also
filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission) are on hold"

"ETi will start a compressed development cycle this September accessing an
enthusiastic and able engineering talent pool equipped with advanced
design and testing tools. Completion of the transformation of the
exciting new generation OX2 series from drawing board to manufacturing
ready is underway. First product is scheduled for market release by early 2019."

http://www.electrictractor.com/news/