Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default new topic electric riding mowers

writes:

My next door neighbor got a battery powered Ryobi riding mower earlier this
year. Like you say, it starts every time. She loves it. She used to mow
every 3-4 weeks, but since getting the electric model she was out there
every weekend. I offered to make a drink holder for it.

For years I've been wondering when a decent battery-powered
lawn tractor would be available ! It seems the _perfect_
application for the technology - put a solar charger on the shed
roof - it sits all week on charge - if it can last about 2 - 3
hours on a full charge most homeowners would be A-OK.
my half-acre is easily done in an hour

Battery life and replacement cost would be a big factor.

https://tinyurl.com/yxhjhowb

https://greenworkscommercial.com/rz4...ero-turn-mower

I dunno - it claims 2.25 acres but only 1 hour of runtime. It takes me almost three hours
with my 48" John Deere to mow 2.5 acres.

Takes 7 hours to charge.

$7,000. About 3x the cost of a JD 100-series.