Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Another thing about electric cars

On 30/11/2020 16:48, charles wrote:
There used to be trains that took cars while passengers slept. Motorrail.
It might be time to re-introduce them.

A retrograde step. 'all the cramped public exposure of an aircraft with
worse journey times than a private car'

The problem with all 'public' transport is that it runs to someone elses
timetable.

And not everyone in the country lives at the start point of that kind of
journey nor the end point is the final destination.

The 220 miles journey that I regularly do by car can be done by public
transport on two routes.
One requires 4 different trains and gets me to 20 miles of my final
destination. The other 5 different trains and gets me to 9 miles of my
final destination.