Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default Worktop/wall transition.

on 01/12/2020, Dave Plowman (News) supposed :
Really don't like the look of a silicone fillet.

Is there a small posh looking trim that would do the job? I generally
dislike those too - usually used to cover a poor transition. Or rather
look like it to me.

I go for practical, rather than posh. I originally found a 3M sticky
back flexible trim, hinged down the middle, which served for both
worktops and around baths. It came as a roll. That worked and generally
stuck well, but tended to eventually come unstuck and discolour.

Some months ago I discovered a plastic quadrant, from Eurocell, really
intended for double glazing installs. It comes in two sizes, white or
brown, sticks and seals perfectly with a mastic and it is very, very
cheap.

I originally bought some for replacing the MDF quadrant, used around
laminate flooring.