Posted to uk.d-i-y
wasbit[_2_] wasbit[_2_] is offline

Default Lidl Woodturning Lathe

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
I see that Lidl have got a woodturning lathe for £60. Anyone bought one?

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/park...g-lathe/p37760

Is it likely to be any good?

Depends on your ability.
For someone who hasn't turned before it will be a steep learning curve.
I believe the lathe has an uncommon thread which makes sourcing a chuck
difficult so the upgrade path is to a new & better lathe.
The two chisels will just about get you started - if you can get them sharp.
Then you need a method of sharpening the tools which is normally a bench
grinder.
Then you really need better chisels = more expense, but you will probably
need those anyway.
So for small spindle items & gentle cuts it will get you turning but not
much more.

--
Regards
wasbit