Posted to alt.home.repair

Default light socket hot/neutral screw

On 11/29/20 7:41 PM, RosemontCrest wrote:
On 11/28/2020 2:40 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 19:41:12 -0800 (PST), Robin McDaniel
wrote:

I accidentally let the two screwed wire terminals in a socket fall
out of the socket. I know that the gold one is for the hot wire and
the silver is for neutral....but once they have fallen out of the
socket, how do I know which slot they each properly go back into?

Â* Neutral goes to the "can", line goes to the "tip"

Also remember that white is for weddings and black is for funerals. ;-)

That color scheme might be backwards judging by the number of
divorces.