Posted to alt.home.repair
RosemontCrest[_4_] RosemontCrest[_4_] is offline

Default light socket hot/neutral screw

On 11/28/2020 2:40 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 19:41:12 -0800 (PST), Robin McDaniel
wrote:

I accidentally let the two screwed wire terminals in a socket fall out of the socket. I know that the gold one is for the hot wire and the silver is for neutral....but once they have fallen out of the socket, how do I know which slot they each properly go back into?

Neutral goes to the "can", line goes to the "tip"

Also remember that white is for weddings and black is for funerals. ;-)