Posted to alt.home.repair
AJL AJL is offline

Default OT. Food Optional. Grocery Stores Closing

On 11/29/20 12:25 PM, wrote:
rbowman writes:
On 11/29/2020 06:57 AM, Frank wrote:
On 11/28/2020 8:20 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/28/2020 05:20 PM, Frank wrote:
We have a Morton salt with 50/50 NaCl/KCl. Years ago I recall a high
potassium in my blood test and there were times where sodium was low. BP
meds can cause this too and salts can interact with them. Today all is
normal and I just do what the cardiologist tells me.

ACE inhibitors like lisinopril can elevate potassium levels. I had
been using Morton Lite but dropped it and use regular salt. I don't go
crazy with the salt grinder but I don't limit my use either.

The revolving door of science revolves:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317099

Having seen many instances of reversals like this in my lifetime I
also take the experts with a grain or two of salt.

I question advice and look into it before following.

I had a problem with lisinopril causing a persistent cough which turns
out to be a common side effect.

I didn't have the cough side effect on a low dosage. It's cheap, about
$12 for 90 days. My doctor ran through the possibilities, describing the
drawbacks of each. Lisinopril appeared to have fewer potential problems
and it's been effective.

There are some indications that Lisinopril and other ACE
inhibitors alone raise the risk of dementia, while ARBS such as Losartan
show some ability to reduce the risk of dementia. One study
showed a benefit for both an ARB and lisinopril together.

I started having high BP in my 40's. Taking medicine kept it down just fine.
Then at the doc's suggestion I lost 85 pounds and started exercising. My BP
went back to normal. I have kept the weight off and kept up the exerising
for the last 30+ years and the BP has stayed down. But perhaps being fat,
lazy, and taking pills would have been more enjoyable. Thinking of all the
hamburgers and pizza I missed over the years.