Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mains broadband

On 29/11/2020 19:07, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I would say that they are illegal to use, but not to buy, and as I said,
blind eyes are increasingly turned by Ofcom, due to many short wave stations
now being on the internet. However I feel, morally they are wrong as they
stop people from using kit they own due to somebody being too lazy to lay a
cable along between two points.
Brian

I would have more sympathy for your position had HMG protected the 27MHz
Radio Control Model Band from the ludicrous kW class CB radios. Legal to
sell them but not to use them. Utter madness!

As it is the ethernet over mains devices *are* licensed for use in the
UK. Software defined radio has allowed much more sophisticated ways of
receiving SW that can get around modest amounts of local interference.

Although if you are a radio ham then ethernet over power line is
probably not for you!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown