Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cordless drill motor.

Its very hard on low voltage motors to tell if there are shorted turns as we
are talking fractions of an ohm here, I can tell you from my model boat
days, such a tiny short makes the motor unusable and eats the battery of
course. If we had an idea of your problem?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Fredxx wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote:

What sort of resistance would you expect with an 18v cordless drill
motor?

Is this stripped-down and measuring just the windings?

I'm guessing but something in the region of 6ohmm -50/+100%

That'd only be 1.5 to 6A, so 27 to 108W, you can see 18V cordless drills
specced as taking 30A so over 500W, some who have re-purposed drill motors
for use in robots claim nearer 900W

What is more important is that the resistance is independant of position,
subject to the segment to segment change under the commutator. Assuming
brushed of course.