Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mains broadband

I would say that they are illegal to use, but not to buy, and as I said,
blind eyes are increasingly turned by Ofcom, due to many short wave stations
now being on the internet. However I feel, morally they are wrong as they
stop people from using kit they own due to somebody being too lazy to lay a
cable along between two points.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 29/11/2020 14:09:36, Andy Burns wrote:
newshound wrote:

Farmer Giles wrote:

I understand that such a link can be achieved with suitable adaptors
through the ring main. Has anyone here done this who can offer
advice/guidance as the best and most economical way to go about it?

Their use was deprecated, particularly by radio hams because of the
interference they chuck out.

They may be disliked, but that doesn't amount to them being deprecated.

That said they don't seem uber-reliable, needing to be powered-off and on
again too often,

I would be surprised if that's a common feature of all makes and models.

replacing the cable would be better.

Agreed, but unless can be changed by a simple 'pull' of changing old with
new isn't always a trivial process.