Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Mains broadband

Martin Brown wrote:
On 29/11/2020 13:04, Farmer Giles wrote:
I have an outside workshop/office that I ran some cat5 cable to some
years ago. This link is now playing up a bit - intermittent - and I have
been looking at replacing the cable, which I know has become a bit
fragile in places - a bit of a tedious job.

I understand that such a link can be achieved with suitable adaptors
through the ring main. Has anyone here done this who can offer
advice/guidance as the best and most economical way to go about it?

Buy a pair and see if they will do what you want. Linksys ones have
worked for me and they even work across two different MCBs - the main
house ring main and the more recent extension ring main. That really
isn't guaranteed though. Mine are the previous generation of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-PA4010KI...dp/B01BECPIMC/

Claimed maximum range is 300m.

300 metres! They must be joking.

.... and it says 'up to 600Mb/s but the interface is only a 10/100Mb/s
port so I don't really see how that works.

--
Chris Green
ยท