Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default OT. Food Optional. Grocery Stores Closing

On 11/28/2020 8:20 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/28/2020 05:20 PM, Frank wrote:
We have a Morton salt with 50/50 NaCl/KCl.Â* Years ago I recall a high
potassium in my blood test and there were times where sodium was low. BP
meds can cause this too and salts can interact with them.Â* Today all is
normal and I just do what the cardiologist tells me.

ACE inhibitors like lisinopril can elevate potassium levels. I had been
using Morton Lite but dropped it and use regular salt. I don't go crazy
with the salt grinder but I don't limit my use either.

The revolving door of science revolves:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317099

Having seen many instances of reversals like this in my lifetime I also
take the experts with a grain or two of salt.

I question advice and look into it before following.

I had a problem with lisinopril causing a persistent cough which turns
out to be a common side effect.

Besides changing BP med the doc ordered a chest xray which showed a
spot. This led to an over 6 month dealing with a pulmonologist with a
couple of CT scans and breathing tests to find all was completely clear.

I think I am at the end of the curve for salt and avoid large amounts of it.