Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Monitoring electricity consumption

On Sun, 29 Nov 2020 03:43:03 -0800 (PST), fred wrote:

I now understand the small stray usage I observe is down to the unit
itself. Its obviously of no consequence.

Except you are paying for it. OK 1 W is only about £1/year but all
those "little watts" soon add up. Just after I got a similar meter I
counted how many devices where routinely plugged in and on, came to
48 (and I missed a few).

Just adding a remote switch to my office desk and switching off
everything that doesn't need to be "on" (ie plugged in switched on,
standby) over night has dropped the overnight base load by at least
30 W.

--
Cheers
Dave.