Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Monitoring electricity consumption

On Sun, 29 Nov 2020 02:12:12 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

Maybe the 1650W is a copy/paste error from a 110V spec version?
Elsewhere it says

- Operating current: max 13A
· Wide voltage range: 200V-250V
· Wattage display(Watts): 0W-2900W
· Current display(Amps): 0.0A---13.0A

Just boiled a kettle full of cold water (8 "cups", nominal 3kW
kettle) through my very similar looking power meter:

Took: 4'14"
0.196 kWHr

When heating:
2800 ish W (wandered about by 5 W or so)
1.00 PF
233 V (min, 236 max ish)
12.02 A (steady so presumably the wandering power reading is down to
the wandering supply voltage the variations in current that causes
being outside the resolution of the current measurement when at 12 A)

Sat on base, hot (it has a still hot LED indicator):
0.4 W
0.05 A

Removed from base:
0.0 W
0.0 A

Overall I'm quite impressed by this gadget considering it was only
£12 or so. It seems accurate and capble of measuring very low loads.

--
Cheers
Dave.