Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Thats gonna take 3 years to dry

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 28 Nov 2020 21:00:14 -0800, Bob F
wrote:

On 11/28/2020 12:35 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 28 Nov 2020 15:22:09 -0500,
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Nov 2020 14:34:56 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Concrete does not "pour"
I have only ever heard of concrete being poured. What else is it called?

Beats me, that's how I've always heard it referred to. We're going to pour the foundation
tomorrow.

I would like to know too what it is called when concrete is 'installed'.
Looked up pour concrete and pouring concrete and got hundreds of hits of
that.
I am having a carport garage installed now and I will try to remember to
ask the construction crew what it is called when the concrete is brought
out.

Back in my high school days, two summers were spent _pouring_
concrete - floors only - for smallish commercial/industrial
buildings. It was great pay compared to the other high-school jobs !

The kid who mowed my lawn in high school, even during the school year
iirc, laughed about his friends who worked at McDonalds. He made about
3 times what they did.

I was the kid who mowed my lawn in high school.

So did I. I meant to say when I was grown and working, a high school
kid mowed my lawn.

After he went off to college, all the kids around here were little. I
told the first kid's mother, even though he's VP, I want him to mow my
lawn when he comes to visit.