Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default OT. Food Optional. Grocery Stores Closing

On 2020-11-25 11:24, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Stopping the pandemic is important but obesity is a major
problem in the US.Â* Living on the food on hand will break the
junk food habit and train us to get by on a small meal every
otherÂ*day.

Hi Ed,

The obesity epidemic is caused by the SAD (Standard
American Diet).Â* What you call "junk food", is
the stuff that sits unrefrigerated in most pantries.
So they would be hitting that stuff, making matter
worse.

Also realize, that "healthy carbs" is a lie and
"healthy carbs" is THE main offenders in SAD.
There is no such thing as a healthy carb.
I got bamboozled by that "health carb" marketing
crap and wound up with T2.

All of the health issues caused by SAD will not
go away until we return to a "historically
appropriate human diet".Â* It does not help
that high glycemic carbs are wildly addictive
and very hard to kick.

I said that in jest but you bring up a good point.Â* Instead of
traveling to another store for some good fruit and veggies, some
of the people will take the easy way out and buy junk at the
dollar store. Pre-packaged carbs with preservatives.

You bring up a good point too.

I have to make ALL my own food.Â* Once you get in the
routine and teach yourself how, it does to take all
that much longer than the pre-prepaired stuff.
And it tastes a hell of a lot better.

I'm reminded of all the salt they put in canned food.

I had a friend that said he worked one summer in a Campbell soup
factory and had the hardest job there.Â* He was the salter and
constantly carrying around bags of salt to add to the soup.

I actually was working on a project in a Campbell lab and they were
bringing in cases of soup, opening them and puncturing the lids
with an ice pick.Â* I asked them what they were doing and they said
they were going to take the punctured cans to the dump.Â* Problem
with the batch was they forgot to add salt.

One can of soup has more than half the salt you are allowed in a day.

Frank,

There is a lot of fraud out there concerning salt.Â* The
S. Koreans eat double the salt we do and have half
the heart disease.Â* (Heart disease and SAD go together.)

https://drmicozzi.com/the-great-salt-scam-2

And as drug free T2 and a Keto, I use twice as
much salt as folks on SAD.Â* It has to do with keytone
metabolism.

And here is the wonderful thing about salt.Â* Like water,
your body will tell you how much it needs.Â* Eat and
drink what you want of both.

:-)

-T

May work for most but I have high blood pressure and am cautioned by
cardiologists to limit salt.

I do know a guy my age that has to take extra salt because of his
different problems.Â* Low salt nearly killed him.

I have no sugar problems but still use artificial sweeteners and
avoid carbs with little fiber.

Hi Frank,

"Some" folks benefit from low sodium, but most it
is the opposite.Â* And the lowering benefit (1%)
that some see with lower Na is offset by
a higher heart beat.

Is Salt Bad for ME??? (Hidden Research) 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lpH06ely7E

7 Signs You Need More Salt (2020)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b10AhKx7cg

Also it is probably not a good idea to use straight
sodium chloride.Â* Your kidneys regulate the ratio
the "ratio" of sodium and potassium.Â* I believe
the number I last heard was 177:1 sodium, to potassium,
but I could be off on the ratio.

So, if you use straight NaCl, you can wind up with
leg cramps, heart issues, etc., even if you get
enough potassium.Â*Â* Sea salt is straight NaCl,
all the other minerals are removed and sold off.

My favorite full spectrum sea salt is Redmonds, which
has no minerals removed:

http://realsalt.redmond.life/wp-cont...t-Analysis.pdf

But any "pink" salt will do

-T

We have a Morton salt with 50/50 NaCl/KCl.Â* Years ago I recall a high
potassium in my blood test and there were times where sodium was low. BP
meds can cause this too and salts can interact with them.Â* Today all is
normal and I just do what the cardiologist tells me.

Make sure and stay healthy.
Many years Frank.