Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Polishing my headlights

On 11/28/2020 1:51 PM, micky wrote:

Ed's post reminds me. It's not just possible. It's a fact, because
even though cars here only have to go for inspection when they are being
sold, they have to be able to pass inspection at all times. If a cop
notices something, he's supposed to give, I don't know what it's called,
a conditional ticket, that gives you 30 or sumpin' days to get the car
fixed and take it to a police station to either show that it's fixed or,
iirc, show the receipt for getting it fixed.

In CT the state police have some discretion and one in particular was a
real dick. He stopped a car with a headlight out. The woman had the
light she just bought and was on her way home to have it put in. The
dick cop still gave her a ticket. Most would just send you on your was
since it was obvious you'd take care of it. There were other stories
about him too.