Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Polishing my headlights

On 11/28/2020 2:14 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Some inspection places are a joke. There was a place I took my car to
regularry and the inspection was just a matter of scraping off the old
sticker and putting on a new one when it was put on the window. Now
they do not put the sticker on the window. Being retired now and most
of my vehicles have low milage on them, I just go to the local dealer
and get it inspected and the oil changed.

I grew up in PA and inspection was a joke and often a fraud. I wen to a
place like you mention. You had to stay and BS with Frank for 20
minutes as that is how long a legal inspection should take and at times,
there would be state inspectors watching. He did check lights though as
that was easily spotted.

Another place I took the three family cars to did not check some things
I knew were wrong but every one needed a headlight adjustment for an
extra $2. Every station had a gimmick like that. The fact you could not
see out the fogged convertible roof window did not matter.

Sadly, others were thieves. Yes ma'am, you need some front end
bushings, or a drag link or some other money making thing the average
person had no idea how to check.