Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Polishing my headlights

On 28/11/2020 19:14, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Does the US have a mandatory yearly car safety check?
In the UK your car has to be tested annually. It is illegal to drive a
vehicle without a valid and up to date MOT (Ministry Of Transport)
certificate.
The test is quite strict and includes headlight alignment and UV etc,
etc...

I am not sure about all states, but many do require an anual inspection.
In NC you take your car to an inspection place , when it passes the
computer sends a message to the NC Department of Motor Vehicles. Then
you can either send for a license tag renewal by mail or go to the local
tag office. Being on the computer I have left the inspection place and
less than an hour later picked up the new tag sticker at the local tag
office. No up to date inspection means the sticker for the license tag
is not renewed.

Some inspection places are a joke. There was a place I took my car to
regularry and the inspection was just a matter of scraping off the old
sticker and putting on a new one when it was put on the window. Now
they do not put the sticker on the window. Being retired now and most
of my vehicles have low milage on them, I just go to the local dealer
and get it inspected and the oil changed.

About all that can not be bypassed now that I know of is the newer cars
are plugged in to the computer system tht reads the computer in the car.

Wow! thanks.