Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Polishing my headlights

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 28 Nov 2020 13:33:43 -0500, micky
wrote:

Police where?

In Eldersburg, for example.

AFAIK fog lights are not required in NJ, there might be some state that
does, but I doubt it.

They're not required in Maryland either, but if the car has fog lights
and you have a time-of-sale inspection, the fog lights have to work.

So if one fog light is on, the cop will know that the car has fog lights
and that one is not working, and it's certainly possible that that's a
violation.

Ed's post reminds me. It's not just possible. It's a fact, because
even though cars here only have to go for inspection when they are being
sold, they have to be able to pass inspection at all times. If a cop
notices something, he's supposed to give, I don't know what it's called,
a conditional ticket, that gives you 30 or sumpin' days to get the car
fixed and take it to a police station to either show that it's fixed or,
iirc, show the receipt for getting it fixed.

From my experience they are close to worthless anyway. Maybe
if you live somewhere that regularly has serious fog, they might be useful.

Sometimes around here there is heavy fog.