Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Maintaining constant overnight bedroom temperature with electric heater

On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 13:55:42 +0000, Caecilius
wrote:

snip

My plan is to put this temperature controller between the timeclock
and the heater, and set the heater thermostat to something like 25C as
a fail-safe.

Or have both functions (clock / stat) combined?

Has anyone found or built something like this? I'm sure I can't be
the only person who want a constant overnight bedroom temperature
without running the main house heating.

https://www.timeguard.com/products/c...r-time-control

I'm not sure the actual switch is silent though but it is very quiet.

The problem you might have is getting the heater itself to stay on
without it's overtemp or main stat cycling, even though the remote
timer / stat is calling for heat?

I did buy some mains level PWM power controllers with the intention of
mating them with an Arduino and remote thermostats (one on the heater
and one in the room) so that I could manage the power to a small oil
filled rad (that couldn't dissipate it's heat energy fast enough so
would modulate on it's overtemp stat) and manage the room temp both
silently and more accurately (no temperature overshoot etc).

Not gotrountuit yet of course ... ;-(

Cheers, T i m