Posted to rec.woodworking
swalker swalker is offline

Default Stair help

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 15:13:34 -0600, swalker wrote:

I need to replace a set of steps that have a rise of 25" and a width
of 53".

The stairs land on a sloped concrete carport and the slope across the
53" is 2 inches.

How do I approach this?

The current stairs have 3 steps and then a small step to the porch.
Totally unacceptable and dangerous.

Thanks for any advice.

After reading all the options offered I think the one that would work
best for me is to place the 1st step on the concrete at the high end,
which is left when viewed from the bottom, level it and work up from
there. Traffic on the steps goes up toward the right side where the
hand rail is.

Thanks for all the advice and options.