Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default OT. Food Optional. Grocery Stores Closing

On 2020-11-25 11:24, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Stopping the pandemic is important but obesity is a major problem in
the US.Â* Living on the food on hand will break the junk food habit
and train us to get by on a small meal every otherÂ*day.

Hi Ed,

The obesity epidemic is caused by the SAD (Standard
American Diet).Â* What you call "junk food", is
the stuff that sits unrefrigerated in most pantries.
So they would be hitting that stuff, making matter
worse.

Also realize, that "healthy carbs" is a lie and
"healthy carbs" is THE main offenders in SAD.
There is no such thing as a healthy carb.
I got bamboozled by that "health carb" marketing
crap and wound up with T2.

All of the health issues caused by SAD will not
go away until we return to a "historically
appropriate human diet".Â* It does not help
that high glycemic carbs are wildly addictive
and very hard to kick.

I said that in jest but you bring up a good point.Â* Instead of traveling
to another store for some good fruit and veggies, some of the people
will take the easy way out and buy junk at the dollar store.
Pre-packaged carbs with preservatives.

You bring up a good point too.

I have to make ALL my own food. Once you get in the
routine and teach yourself how, it does to take all
that much longer than the pre-prepaired stuff.
And it tastes a hell of a lot better.