Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shots to Fly??

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 08:23:40 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 24 Nov 2020 18:14:53 -0500,
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 12:58:53 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 11/24/20 12:47 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 24 Nov 2020 12:32:50 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

The leaders at Quantas are at least thinking of requiring
passengers to get a Covid vaccination before allowing
them to fly.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8980123/Qantas-require-Covid-vaccine-international-flights.html
I wonder if others will follow that pattern. Maybe a company with office
workers will require a vaccination. UPS or Amazon at their loading
facilities?
Hospitals? Maybe Medicare or health insurance companies will follow suit.
Idle speculation, of course.

I'm sure they will, once the vaccination is available, all of them with
more than about 50 employees or even fewer will.

If I ran a company, or school, or just about anything, I would.

Me too. Lawyers are lurking.

Lawyers will be on both sides of that.

I can see the ads on TV

"Did you get Covid from a business that didn't vaccinate"?

Another guy
"Did you have a bad reaction to your mandatory vaccination"?

Both say
"We can get you money. Call Dewey, Cheatum and Howe".

https://www.google.com/search?q=dewe...w=1600&bih=934

http://www.dewey-cheatham-howe.com/

https://enacademic.com/dic.nsf/enwiki/787023

Dewey, Cheatem & Howe

Dewey, Cheatem & Howe is the gag name of a fictional law or
accounting firm,[1] used in several parody settings. For example, a
popular Three Stooges poster features the Stooges as bumbling members of
such a firm (although the name was never used in an actual episode,
"Dewey, Burnham, and Howe" was used). Similarly, mention of a firm by
this name is employed by comic figures such as Johnny Carson, Groucho
Marx, and Daffy Duck.

The name pokes fun at the perceived propensity of some lawyers and
accountants to take advantage of their clients, as the firm name is a
pun on the phrase "Do we cheat them? And how!" ("and how!" is an
American idiom meaning "yes, very much so!") Many law professors
perversely work "Dewey, Cheatem & Howe" into the hypotheticals presented
on final exams, especially in professional responsibility and legal
ethics courses. The name is also used more broadly as a placeholder for
any hypothetical law firm.[2][3][4][5][6]

The spelling of the second name varies somewhat, including Cheetem,
Cheater, Cheethem and Cheatham.
Contents

1 Examples

The name of the DC&H corporate offices is visible on the third floor
window above the corner of Eliot and JFK Streets, in Harvard Square,
Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Tom and Ray Magliozzi, of NPR's Car Talk radio program, named their
business corporation "Dewey, Cheetham & Howe". Their corporate offices
are located on a third-floor office in Harvard Square in Cambridge,
Massachusetts. The office is clearly visible from the square, with
lettering on the window readable from ground level......

2 Examples of placeholder use
3 See also
4 References...........

Leisure Suit Larry III