Posted to alt.home.repair

Default President-select Joe meets with his new boss...

On 11/25/2020 10:12 AM, Bob F wrote:

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Numerous sources say China is still building detention camps.Â* The
adjectives you'll see are concentration and internment.

And yet, the US has 6 times the number of people imprisoned as China
does per 100,000 people. 50% more actual prisoners. We must be doing
something really wrong.

I've wondered about that. Numbers alone don't always tell the entire
story. Do we have more crime? Harsher penalties? Do we have less
tolerance to petty crimes than other countries?

Given the number of repeat offenders, prison does not seem to be much of
a deterrent.