Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Corner unit gadgets

On 24/11/2020 16:17, wrote:
Hi All,

I have a walk in larder which is essentially a v small room with shelves on 2 perpendicular walls. This causes the dreaded corner issue where all the stuff gets shoved there and with both shelves either side full, it is next to impossible to get at the stuff in the corner (usually pots, pans, kitchen gadgets etc.) without removing a load of other things.

Shelves are around 600mm deep and around 400mm between the shelves. I was wondering whether anyone has come across a creative solution to the problem. I have seen a few things made for corner kitchen cupboards which either rotate or you pull front basket out and corner basket slides out to where the other basket was (if you see what I mean). Couldn't see any that would fit the 400mm without adaptation and there were expensive - some around £200. Given I need 5 this would be an arm and a leg

Anyone have any ideas or seen any DIY type solutions I could make?

Thanks

Lee.

Put up a vertical barrier either side of the corner. This will stop
stuff on the rest of the shelf being pushed into the corner. The corner
then becomes its own space. The barrier doesn't have to be at right
angles to the wall but at perhaps 20/70 degrees to make the opening to
the corner space wider.