Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Using stunnel

On 11/24/2020 03:08 PM, Tekkie wrote:
Well Micky here is my config file It sits there for a minute or so then
craps out. Man, I haven't thought so hard in a long time. I am giving up for
today. I changed your original verizon one to comcast but it came back with
an error that it was too open & available to hacks. Also how do I kill it
other than task manager. I also don't know how to change the conf file it
uses.

[smtp]
client = yes
accept = 127.0.0.1:25
connect = smtp.comcast.net:465
verifyChain = yes
CAfile = ca-certs.pem
checkHost = smtp.comcast.net
OCSPaia = yes

elnet smtp.comcast.net 587
Trying 2001:558:fe16:1b::16...
Connected to smtp.comcast.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 resomta-po-04v.sys.comcast.net resomta-po-04v.sys.comcast.net ESMTP
server ready
ehlo
501 EHLO requires valid address

I don't know if it helps but 587 is the common port for TLS SMTP
servers. If I telnet to 465 I don't get a response. If I had a valid
address EHLO would present the banner of capabilities including STARTTLS
to negotiate an encrypted session.