SteveB

Default Why are the HVAC group posters such Aholes?

comments about HVAC people snipped

I am a welder. I find HVAC people and welders to be likeminded:

When you are finished screwing it up, bring what's left to me, and I will
fix it. ................... if there's enough left.

When you know something inside and out and are good at it, you get an
attitude. When I hear welding discussed, I don't even mention that I am a
weldor. Weldor as in thirty years of doing it, not welder as in I have all
the gear and can strike an arc. I love to listen to people stick their feet
in their mouths. To spout insane stuff. To make fools of themselves. To
be entertaining enough to laugh out loud at.

I imagine HVAC people are the same. You just keep quiet and listen.

But when someone calls you to go fix their stuff, it is harder to sit and
listen to them spout and run off at the mouth and tell you what to do. My
price usually doubles when this starts, and my availability diminishes.

Love to help you, but I'm busy.

Busy with people who will just show me what they need done and pay me.

Talk is cheap. You have to pay for performance.

Steve