Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Corner unit gadgets

On 24/11/2020 16:17, wrote:
Hi All,

I have a walk in larder which is essentially a v small room with
shelves on 2 perpendicular walls.Â* This causes the dreaded corner
issue where all the stuff gets shoved there and with both shelves
either side full, it is next to impossible to get at the stuff in the
corner (usually pots, pans, kitchen gadgets etc.) without removing a
load of other things.

Shelves are around 600mm deep and around 400mm between the shelves.Â* I
was wondering whether anyone has come across a creative solution to
the problem.Â* I have seen a few things made for corner kitchen
cupboards which either rotate or you pull front basket out and corner
basket slides out to where the other basket was (if you see what I
mean).Â*Â* Couldn't see any that would fit the 400mm without adaptation
and there were expensive - some around £200.Â* Given I need 5 this
would be an arm and a leg

Anyone have any ideas or seen any DIY type solutions I could make?

Thanks

Lee.

One solution is to put shelves on the door itself. Ideal for small light
stuff like spices.

And then have less in the way of wall mounted ****.

The complex "pull front basket out and corner basket slides out to where
the other basket was" thingies are useless. The mechanism takes up half
the space. A corner carousel that rotates is just as effective and far
cheaper. I don't know whether you can get one that goes floor to ceiling
with 5 carousels in one unit?