Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name No Name is offline

Default What optical connector does Vodafone's Gigafast ONT use?

On 24/11/2020 12:47, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

I've had a quick look and
it seems that the external box is probably a coax to fibre converter,
as this service is delivered over the existing coax network not FTTP.

sounds unlikely.

Is the O/P in an openreach location, or a cityfibre location?

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/vodafone-gigafast-broadband-review#Gigafast_Towns_and_Cities

City Fibre location.....

City Fibre have installed streetside cabinets and dugs trenches and put
in ducting that links their cabinets to the existing BT ducting (BT put
this in after the pavements were tarmaced so thats how I know there is
some form of duct sharing in place.

Now I'm intrigued as to whether there is BT ducting from my house wall
to the pavement ducting or whether they will put in a Toby box from the
pavement ducting and run new ducting to my house wall.