Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default What optical connector does Vodafone's Gigafast ONT use?

Dave Liquorice wrote:
Strikes me as the sort of thing that google ought to cough up a
reasonable amont of infor and images about so you can get an idea of
what an installation looks like/involves.

The info is out there - although different providers do different things so
you need to look for your specific provider.

I've had a quick look and it seems that the external box is probably a
coax to fibre converter, as this service is delivered over the existing
coax network not FTTP. Where does that get it's power from? The coax,
maybe or from the Virgin ONT in which case the cable from the ONT to
external box is a hybrid not pure fibre...

I'm not sure what you're on about there. The OP is Vodafone, not Virgin.
Nobody SFAIK runs coax in the street and fibre in the home - what would be
the point? Virgin's coax network terminates at a box on the side of the
house, but it's coax internally. Virgin's Project Lightning is FTTP, no
coax in the street.

Openreach cables have fibre + a copper pair. I don't think Lightning
carries coax as part of the bundle, but I can't check right now. Vodafone
don't have a coax network.

Theo