Default Why are the HVAC group posters such Aholes?

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:59:58 GMT, "Tommy & Megan Price"
wrote:

I subscribed to their newsgroup mostly to learn more about HVAC so that when
the techs come to work on mine I won't think they are speaking Cantonese.
What I found was reply after reply of garbage. If they don't want people
posting questions about ACs and furnaces what is the point of the newsgroup?
Spreading ways to screw home moaners as they call us? Sorry but I had to
vent after unsubscribing earlier from that newsgroup. No info just buttheads
spouting off.

I've seen the same thing. They'd rather keep in business by giving you
the business.

Whenever I gain useful info I am perfectly willing to pass it along.
It's to bad others from HVAC have different agendas.

P.S. Their excuse is normally "stay safe, have a pro look at it"