Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cable Wiring

On 11/23/2020 11:19 AM, TimR wrote:
Just an update.

With no available vent stack (not sure why, there's a sink and laundry drain in that area, but nothing in the attic) I decided to take the safe route and copy what Comcast did. On the ground floor they went through a window frameout area, so I put a hole an inch above theirs.
In the basement they went through the concrete block brick veneer wall. I measured down 5.5 inches and put a hole through just like theirs. Except I didn't, the longest bit Home Depot had was a 12 inch, and the wall is thicker. I didn't expect that. I can't be more than an inch or so short but I didn't get through.
I have the cable, keystones, etc., just as soon as I can get the hole through.
I have to work from home some days and last winter I froze down there, the end of the basement where the wifi reaches stays cold. The other end is no problem.

There are extenders for drill bits. You probably only need a few inches
to get through.